Koala Kare KB200 Baby Changing Station
Koala Kare KB200
- Constructed of polypropylene and a unibody steel chassis, this baby changing station supports 200 lbs with minimal deflection.
- Hinge design has greater resistance to wear and improved durability.
- Sleek design and color palette matches modern restroom design and décor.
- The dual liner cavity with lock minimizes operator refills and discourages potential vandalism.
- The product includes child protection straps and bag hooks.
- ASTM and EN compliant. Meets ADA requirements when mounted properly.
- Bed surface exclusively contains Microban® antimicrobial, reducing odor causing bacteria.
- Liner dispenser features two liner cavities. Each cavity holds 25 liners, for a combined total of 50 liners per unit.
- Constructed with 16% recycled materials; contributes to LEED certified building requirements.
- Unit Dimensions: 35 3/16” W x 22¼” H (893 mm x 565 mm)
- Depth (closed): 4” (102 mm) Extension (open): 23 3/16”(589 mm)
- Shipping Weight: 28 lbs
KB200 Plastic Baby Changing Station - Standard Horizontal
Genuine Koala Kare baby changing station comes in four colors:
- Cream KB200-00
- Grey KB200-01
- White granite KB200-05
- Earth. KB200-11
The KB200 is also available in a new stainless steel version the KB200-SS
All Koala Kare baby changing station are made with the exclusive Microban® protection and enhanced operator materials that improve sanitation and is embedded in the injection molded polypropylene bed surface. The Koala Kare KB200 baby changing station has reinforced steel-on-steel hinge mechanism and metal mounting chassis with mounting hardware included.
The changing station comes with labeled usage instructions and safety messages in four languages. Optional Braille label available. The contoured changing surface area is 450 sq. in (11,430 sq. mm) and comes complete with nylon safety strap and two bag hooks.
The locking dual cavity liner dispenser holds approximately 50 KB150-99 bed liners. This surface mounted, horizontal design baby changing station complies with ADA requirements when installed properly. The horizontal design allows for easy access.
Installing a KB200 Baby Changing Station
To ensure proper installation and compliance to building codes, it is recommended that a qualified person or carpenter perform the installation of the unit. The unit must be properly installed onto a permanent wall that is capable of supporting significant weight and can accommodate the supplied installation hardware. The Koala Baby Changing Station meets ADA regulations when properly installed. Installer should account for the space that a unit occupies when in the down position and with the caregiver (whether standing or seated) in front of the unit. Locate the unit so that paths of travel are maintained around it when being used.
Drilling holes and mounting the station:
1. Remove changing station from the shipping container and check for any freight damage. If damage is found, please call Customer Service at 888-293-9722. Remove “Installation Kit” and “Operator Kit” from box. Please give “Operator Kit” to facility manager or operator. Box should contain two pieces: the bed and metal mounting chassis and the wall mount liner dispenser. Identify the best location for installing the unit.
2. Standard Installation- Remove the bed and chassis from the box and select the wall area where the unit will be installed. Make sure you have taken into consideration the operating clearance of 9½” (241 mm) on both sides of the exposed chassis and 23 3/16” (589 mm) from wall surface when open. Measure from the floor 42¼” (1073 mm) on stud center and mark the wall. The mounting holes are designed for 16” stud centers. Ensure the locations you have marked for the mounting holes are level before drilling. Drill pilot holes for keyhole mounting using a 1/8” regular drill bit.
Masonry or Tile over Stud Wall- Use a 7/32” (6 mm) masonry drill bit for the pilot hole until you hit the stud. Change bit to 1/8” (3 mm) regular drill bit.
Metal Stud or Concrete Block- If the wall has wood studs that are not on 16” (406 mm) centers, has metal studs or an underlying surface of concrete block, drill with a ½
” (13 mm) masonry bit. (You may have to purchase toggles before installing.) You must allow a minimum of inside wall space for toggles to turn depending on toggles used. Insert and tighten toggles.
3. Screw two of the mounting screws into the pilot holes leaving ¼” (6 mm) exposed to allow keyhole slots to be easily mounted over the screw heads. Place chassis over screws. After securing the unit using the keyhole slots, verify that the unit is level. Tighten top two screws so that they are flush with the wall. Use the four lower holes as a guide to mark and drill pilot holes. Use remaining four screws and four washers to complete installation of bed and metal mounting bracket. Insert washers over lower four screws. All SIX screws and four washers must be mounted to the chassis.
4. Ensure liner dispenser is free from damage. Remove key, unlock, and open liner dispenser lid.
This will expose liner dispenser mounting holes. Line up dispenser mounting holes onto chassis and secure with the four screws provided. Close and lock the liner dispenser door.
5. Clean work area and inspect unit to ensure it opens and closes smoothly. Give Operator Kit and key to the facility operator. Replacement parts and additional liners can be purchased from www.babystations.com or by calling 888-293-9722